San Francisco AIDS Foundation
San Francisco AIDS Foundation promotes health, wellness, and social justice for communities most impacted by HIV through sexual health and substance use services, advocacy, and community partnerships. The Foundation envisions a future where health justice is achieved for all people living with or at risk for HIV, ultimately striving for a day when race is not a barrier to health and wellness, substance use is not stigmatized, HIV status does not determine quality of life, and HIV transmission is eliminated.
Learn More About SFAF
- $25,000 provides an entire year of meals for the participants of the Latino Programs which help prevent new HIV infections in the Latino community.
- $20,000 supports the expansion of our hepatitis C treatment efforts, as people living with HIV are at a higher risk of contracting Hepatitis C.
- $15,000 creates access to PrEP for 75 people.
- $15,000 will help us achieve our goal of reducing new HIV diagnoses to fewer than 100 per year in San Francisco by 2020.
- $10,000 enables five people to be cured of Hepatitis C.
- $5,000 provides one year of substance use treatment services for one program participant.
- $5,000 provides our sexual health team with the supplies needed to offer HIV and STI screenings for 560 people.
- $3,000 creates access to health and wellness services for 50 queer and trans people of color.
- $3,000 helps us reduce HIV transmission among people who inject drugs by providing sterile syringes and disposing of them properly.
- $2,000 provides a scholarship for one community member to go to Washington, D.C., and advocate for HIV funding and services.
- $1,000 links one person living with HIV to housing.
- $1,000 could provide rapid HIV antibody test kits for 40 individuals at any one of our multiple testing sites.
- $500 sponsors one night of social programming for long-term survivors of HIV.
- $500 could provide funding for up to 50 members for the Elizabeth Taylor 50-plus Network to come together twice a month in order to offer support for individuals working through anxiety, depression, and isolation.
- $250 supports one overdose prevention training. $250 could provide for necessary funding for our weekly TransLife Support Group to discuss health and wellness issues and build community to give people the support they need and the family they long for.
- $150 allows us to check hormone levels for folks who are taking gender-affirming hormones.
- $100 affords a Treatment Advocacy Coordinator the ability to attend medical appointments for up to 25 clients, providing moral support and helping clients advocate for themselves.
- $100 covers the cost of one HIV test.
- $50 helps us provide free hep C testing, treatment, and support.
The Los Angeles LGBT Center
Since 1969 the Los Angeles LGBT Center has cared for, championed, and celebrated LGBT individuals and families in Los Angeles and beyond. Today the Center’s nearly 800 employees provide services for more LGBT people than any other organization in the world, offering programs, services, and global advocacy that span four broad categories: Health, Social Services and Housing, Culture and Education, Leadership and Advocacy. We are an unstoppable force in the fight against bigotry and the struggle to build a better world; a world in which LGBT people thrive as healthy, equal, and complete members of society.
Learn More About The LA LGBT Center
- $50,000 supports the annual cost of comprehensive HIV medical treatment services for 45 patients.
- $50,000 supports the annual cost of comprehensive HIV wraparound services by a case management team for 105 clients.
- $30,000 provides 4 months of mental health therapy to 14 clients.
- $25,000 supports the annual cost of comprehensive HIV medical treatment services for 22 patients.
- $15,000 provides comprehensive sexual health services, including HIV and STD tests, treatment, education, and counseling to 85 clients.
- $10,000 covers a full year of intensive psychosocial case management services for 2 clients.
- $10,000 supports the annual cost of comprehensive HIV medical treatment services for 9 patients.
- $5,000 covers a full year of lab testing for 9 HIV patients.
- $5,000 supports the annual cost of comprehensive HIV medical treatment services for 4 patients.
- $2,000 covers the annual cost of medical supplies for 76 HIV patients.
- $1,000 covers a full year of lab testing for 2 HIV patients. $1,000 covers the annual cost of medical supplies for 38 HIV patients.
- $500 covers the annual cost of medical supplies for 19 HIV patients.
- $300 buys 160 N-95 masks to protect the health of our patients and staff.
- $280 provides rapid HIV tests for 20 clients.
- $175 provides comprehensive sexual health services, including HIV and STD tests, treatment, education, and counseling to 1 client.
- $140 provides rapid HIV tests for 10 clients.
- $100 covers the annual cost of medical supplies for 4 HIV patients.
- $50 buys 26 N-95 masks to protect the health of our patients and staff.
- $20 covers treatment medications for one client diagnosed with an STI.
- $10 buys 155 condoms that Community Health Programs will distribute throughout the Center.